Jan. 29, 2020
Through the use of DNA and fingerprints, the Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner has identified all nine of the victims who died in a helicopter crash on Sunday.
Yesterday, the department released the IDs of four crash victims. They included:
- John Altobelli, DOB: 5/8/63
- Kobe Bryant, DOB: 8/23/78
- Sarah Chester, DOB: 6/29/74
- Ara Zobayan, DOB: 1/2/70
The IDs of the three men and one woman were determined through fingerprints.
Following round-the-clock testing and analysis of DNA, the department officially identified the five other occupants in the helicopter crash and notified their legal next of kin.
- Gianna Bryant, DOB: 5/1/06
- Payton Chester, DOB: 7/13/06
- Alyssa Altobelli, DOB: 6/16/05
- Keri Altobelli, DOB: 7/23/73
- Christina Mauser, DOB: 6/26/81
Furthermore, on Tuesday body examinations were performed on all nine decedents. Their causes of death were certified as blunt trauma. The manner of death was certified as accident.
Any media inquiries about the crash can be sent to email@example.com.
Follow the department's official Twitter page @lacountymec.
Public Information Officer