Grief Bereavement Resources
We know this is a somber time for you and your family. A sudden loss of a friend or loved one can be traumatic and overwhelming. The support groups and resources listed below may be able to help you through the grieving and bereavement process.
- Kaiser Permanente – Offers bereavement support groups open to the community, free of charge, through the hospice or palliative care unit. Please contact the individual facilities for details including dates and times.
- Balboa Plaza Administrative Offices, Granada Hills, (818) 832-7422
- Imperial Satellite Offices, Downey, (888) 215-4300 (toll free)
- Baldwin Park Branch Office, Baldwin Park, (626) 480-5176 after-hours: (888) 414-0010 (toll free)
- Los Angeles Medical Center, Los Angeles, (323) 783-7416
- Normandie South Medical Office Building, Harbor City, (310) 517-2360
- Kaiser Permanente Support Group Flyer
- Grief Recovery
- Grief Watch
- Our House Grief Support Center
- Grief Share
- Hello Grief
- Navigating Grief
Dealing with the loss of a child can be especially difficult. The resources below are focused on supporting those who have lost a child.
- Grief Support Resources for Parents and Families with Infant and Fetal Loss
- Peer-Parent Support for Grieving Parents
- Bereaved Parents of the USA
- Center for Loss in Multiple Birth
- MEND - Mommies Enduring Neonatal Death
- MISS Foundation - Mothers in Sympathy and Support
- SIDS Network
The resources listed above and the information presented are subject to change without notice and are based on the most readily available information. The resources and websites listed are not endorsed or recommended by Los Angeles County or the Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner, nor is this list necessarily inclusive of all the resources available in the region.
If you are a business or non-profit that provides grief and bereavement support or resources to members of the community and would like to be added to this list or would like to update your listing, please reach us through our contact page.